|Average Height||Roughly Human-sized|
Aards (pronounced \ɑːrd\) are heavily-armored sapients with a natural, quilled shell that is difficult to crack, though it is shed periodically. They have developed a violent history, and often work as bounty hunters. The best known member is X-itt Deth.
- Locomotion: Bipedal walking coupled with occasional quadrupedal sneaking
- Personality: Violent
- Affiliation: Independant, though a large number are found working for the Iskian Empire
- Archetype(s): Warrior
- Primary language(s): Aardese
- Alignment: Chaotic neutral
- Biochemistry: Carbon-based lifeform with silicon-based attributes
Grudgehogs are the Aards' main warships. Spherical in overall design, they are covered in a heavily-armored outer shell that exists in several sections, which are capable of being dislodged by the ship's crew should something happen to it such as it getting hit by a delayed-explosion mine or missile, or if it were infected by viruses that could infect the rest of the ship. This outer shell is bristling with sensory antennae, lightning rods for flying into terrible weather conditions, defensive spines and weapon cones. The ships are usually operating under aggressive but not necessarily offensive tactics. They carry numerous Drudgehogs within them to collect resources or for use as reconnaissance vessels if necessary.